Thursday, July 3, 2014

Aren't you nervous?!

People keep asking me if I'm nervous about moving to a different country. I am WAY too excited to be nervous! haha There are so many things I'm looking forward to! This is going to be life-changing. The only things that have given me some slight trepidation are some random bizarro nightmares and... food. 
Anyone who knows me, knows that I am one of the least adventurous eaters on the planet. I'm the girl who has one or two dishes/meals at various restaurants that I ALWAYS order and I rarely deviate from those items (it seems that whenever I do try to have something new, it's always such a  disappointment). I know what I like, and I'm extremely hesitant to try anything outside of that box, ESPECIALLY when it comes to textures. My best friend and her family constantly tease me about "weird ethnic food" but they have managed to open my palate and my mind to some new foods that have actually become personal favorites now, because surprisingly, Utah has a pretty eclectic variety. 
I haven't been TOO worried because, as far as Europe is concerned, I feel that Switzerland is one of the more mild places to be exposed to new kinds of delicious cuisine. And because of its close proximity to so many other countries, there is a cross-over of German, French, and Italian dishes, depending on which area of Switzerland you happen to be in. 
I've just decided that I'm going to try everything at least once. It's not gonna kill me, right? :) Besides, from what I can gather in a five minute Google search haha, the Swiss are big on fondue/cheese, potatoes, sausage, and of course CHOCOLATE ...I think I'm gonna be ok :) 
Here is a link of recommended foods to sample:
BBC Good Food: Top 10 foods to try in Switzerland
xoxo,
     Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm from Utah and I'm in europe right now. I'm in Spain to be exact, but I've been traveling all over and Switzerland was one of my favorites! I'm LDS too! I'm planning to au pair in Germany next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelbi! That's awesome! :) I have a friend who's an au pair in Germany currently. She LOVES it. I can't wait to join the party! haha. Feel free to keep in touch via blog/twitter/instagram etc... always nice to see a friendly face when far away from home!

      Delete