Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Beauty Is Pain?

Oh mah gosh.

Today I went and got my lower legs and underarms waxed for the first time. My beautiful friend Sarah is a student at Aveda and is currently raising money to go to New York Fashion Week! I figured I could kill two birds with one stone, you know, support my friend, and get mah smooooth on ;) haha. 


HOLY. SHIITAKE. MUSHROOMS.

I feel like the screaming pain my calves were experiencing is the pain that guys think a Brazilian wax is like; dude, I will take a full Brazilian wax over legs any day of the week. My poor friend had to deal with all my screaming and head shaking hahaha, I'm sure it was hilarious. 

*Side Note: So the manager/teacher came in and informed us that some dude was getting a facial across the way... "I know it hurts, but...." Oh, you are not serious right now lady. You're telling the woman getting hair ripped out of her skin to shut up!? Maybe you shouldn't have the waxing station and the facial station NEXT TO EACH OTHER! 

Anyway, my legs feel fine now, but I may just stick to shaving. I am NOT looking forward to doing that ever again... although, the first time is always the worst... *shrug* we shall see. Underarms weren't as bad, but they're still a bit sore. It's nice to be all smooth though! 

If you're in the Provo area, hit up Aveda Institute (ask for Sarah! she did a FABULOUS job) for hair, makeup, waxing, facials, etc. Treat yourself! You deserve it! :) 

xoxo,
     Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment