Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Hello Zürich! - Day 1

Friday (9/19/14)
Yesterday, Tamara told me that some plans had changed and I could have the day off today! So I decided to take an impromptu weekend getaway to Zürich! I figured out the trains, and a friend offered to show me around and let me crash on the couch. Let me just say, EVERYONE knows I'm not from here. Even if I don't say a word, they just know. It's almost creepy. I had to buy something because my bill was too big for the ticket machine, so I walked up to the counter and start to ask for a Coke Zero, in Deutsch, and the guy answers back in English! He said my German was fine, but I needed to work on the accent. Yeah, yeah, yeah. One challenge at a time Paco. He was really friendly though and we had a short conversation about where I'm from etc... And then again, on the train to Enge, I wasn't sure of my stop (for the billionth time haha) and a guy sitting across from me asked me where I was going... in English. It's like everyone knows not only that I'm not from Switzerland, but that I'm American. Anyway, we had a short conversation (he said he's from Rocco... I assume that means Morocco...) and he informed me that my stop was not this one, but the next one. Yay for friendly, helpful people who take pity on my lost American butt. haha. 

In front of the Opernhaus Zürich

Zürichsee // Lake Zürich

There are three main cathedrals in Zürich:
Fraumünster 
St. Peterskirche
(biggest clock face in Europe)
Grossmünster
(Romanesque-style Protestant church)


Industrial art


We came across a sweet little antique shop! It was closed, so I took a few pictures from behind the windows:
Old-school Ferrari


Night Lights

Saw this on the way back to the apartment.

xoxo,
     Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment