Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Hello Zürich! - Day 2

Saturday (9/20/14)

Another view of Fraumünster and Grossmünster

I will never tire of hearing church bells ringing. It is so ethereal, especially in the little village I live in, to hear the bells ringing out wildly across the countryside. So beautiful. 

I went to Zoo Zürich today! All by myself :D At first I will admit, it was a little boring, being alone. But as I wandered around, I ended up really enjoying myself! It is SO nice to be able to go wherever I want, whenever I want, without taking into account someone else's wants or needs.
Zoo map and ticket!
Elephant - Elefant
Camels - Kamele
The monkeys (affen) were the BEST part of the whole zoo
Mom's are the best
I'm SO bummed. I got the coolest video of some monkeys playing, but it's too big to upload on blogger :( Maybe I will try to put it on Facebook...
Seal - Seehund
NOT a two-headed zebra 
Lions (Löwen) & Tiger
Römisches Mosaik - Gladiator und Löwe
"...you turned me into a llama!" (name that movie) - lama
Rhinoceros (Nashorn) & Flamingos 
Macaws/Parrots - Aras/Papagei
Peacock - Pfau
Fishies! - Fisch
Piranha
Emperor Penguins - Kaiserpinguine
I think these are Tapir...  
I've never seen an Anteater (Ameisenbär) before! So cool!
Owl - Eule
Your mustache is now invalid. Monkey wins.
First souvenir!

After the zoo, I was supposed to meet up with people to explore the city more, but they never showed up (apparently their skydiving endeavor took longer than expected). After waiting for almost an hour I left the agreed on "meet-up spot". I happened upon a mini-concert in the main hall of the Zürich Bahnhof, which is HUGE - it felt more like an airport than a train station. I stayed and listened for a long while, grabbed some dinner, then headed home. 
Zürich Bahnhof in front of Bahnhofstrasse

Waiting for the train to get home
xoxo,
     Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Is it just me, or is taking pictures at the zoo SO MUCH FUN? Look at this awesome picture of a TIGER. I took it! Seriously. Animals are just awesome. Glad you are having fun on all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete